Try to remember when was the last time you felt angry? Or irritated? Or sad? I bet it was today or yesterday if you just woke up. An interesting thing is that most of you do not realize it until asked. It means that there is so much negative in our lives that we started taking it for granted. But this is very wrong! Bad emotions eat us from the inside and need to be avoided to even completely eliminated from people’e lives.
Experiencing bad things for some time lead to development of hormones in a body that are harmful for people. Constant exposure to critics makes people feel down and underestimate their abilities. If not treated, such condition will turn into depression in a long run and depression is a clinical disorder.
There are ways to reduce negative emotions if it it not possible to eliminate them. Just think how many unpleasant situations happen with us every day: someone stepped on a foot in public transport, your line is moving slower than a turtle, a boss shouted at you for no reason and so on.
First, of all, you need to persuade yourself that this is not your fault. A bad day can happen for everyone! Besides, you can not help most of these things. You can neither predict, not prevent them from happening. Just breathe out and face it. Everyone can appear in a wrong place in a wrong time. What has happened, has happened. Also, most of the situations can not be solved with just your own effort. They require involvement of other people whether they want it or not. So just step away and spend time for something more useful. Just forget about it, smile and continue enjoying life.
If you take things too close to the heart, take following advices on how to deal with negative emotions:
- Talk! You boss may not know that you want a promotion or a fat bonus and it is definitely not in his interest to offer you one. Ask for it yourself unless you want to work on the same position with the same wage forever.
- Do something! You don’t feel comfortable sitting near a window? Change a seat. Noise from a corridor is bothering you? Close the door. It is easy. Being too lazy or too shy often leads to bad feeling.
- Find a person who can soothe you. Having a try friend with whom you can share a whole load of troubles that you carry is crucial. Too much load can eventually break you. So, reach out, there are people who understand you.
- Work out! The harder you work, the easier you feel, this is a known fact. Physical exercises will make you a stronger and happier person.
- Lead healthy lifestyle! It will make you less vulnerable to unpleasant situations in your life.
- Take it easy!